Steve Moneghetti Adventure Marathon
Please note that the route description is subject to change.
AT A GLANCE
|Date||22 October 2017|
recommended arrival time: 4:45am - Port Douglas Esplanade Port Douglas.
|Cut Off Time||7hrs|
|Course||Will start and finish in Port Douglas. Course Map >>|
|Age Restrictions||Must be 16 years and over to compete. All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the duration of the event.|
|Age Categories||Male: 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 69+|
Female: 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 69+
|Team Entries||No. This is an individual event only.|
1st Male / 1st Female
2nd Male / 2nd Female
3rd Male / 3rd Female
|Finishers Reward||Commemorative Medal|
|Race Entry Fee|
$152 EARLY BIRD (Until August 31st, 2017)
Registration includes singlet & finishers medal
|Online Registration||Closes 11pm Sunday October 15, 2017.|
|In Person Registration||In person registrations can be made between 9am and 5pm on Saturday 21 October at the Port Douglas Esplanade Registration Tent|
|Registration Kit Collection||Port Douglas Esplanade on Saturday 21st October from 9am - 5pm. Race kits can be picked up by fellow competitor, friend or family member.|
|Festival Functions||After Party @ Central Hotel from 4pm|
Start times, Rules and Race Kit Pick Ups
Race Kit Pick Up - Saturday 21st October on the Port Douglas Esplanade from 9 - 5pm. Cairns runners can get theirs on Monday prior at The FunShip Playground on Cairns Esplanade from 4 - 6:30pm. If you register after Sunday 15th October by 11pm you will need to collect your kit in Port Douglas on the 21st October.
START TIME: 6am with race briefing 5:35am sharp. Bags can be left in the baggage area next to Registration Tent. GBRM takes no responsibility for valuables so please leave at your own risk.
CUT OFF TIME: 8am - You have 2 hours to complete the race, failure to do so will result in you being extracted from the course. If you have been pulled out of the race there is NO OPTION to continue on your own time. NO EXCEPTIONS. There will be a sweep bike with the last runner and will remain with until they finish.
· You must complete the marked course on foot under your own power. Trekking poles are permitted.
· Your race bib must be visible at all times on the front of your body.
· You must stay on the marked course. Short cuts are not permitted. If you think you have gone the wrong way, go back.
· During the course there are times in which you will be running across roads & driveways so please be diligent at all times and follow directions of the traffic marshals / controllers. Should they ask you to stop you MUST STOP. This is for your safety. Should you disobey a direct order from a marshal your bib # will be taken and you will be disqualified.
· You have 2 Hours to complete this event.
· All volunteers have the authority of PDEM to withdraw a runner if they show signs of distress and are deemed to be a liability to themselves and others. Should you see another runner in need of assistance, you are required to stop and give attention until a volunteer or St. Johns member arrives and dismisses you.
· Any head phones worn can only be on low and in one ear only – this is for your safety
· Drop zones apply for each water station – bins are located at start & finish of water station to dispose of rubbish. Failure to dispose appropriately may result in DQ.
· If you withdraw from the event, you must report to the closest checkpoint or finish line and hand in your race bib.
· Not all roads are closed for this event. Obey all road rules and give way to vehicles
· Pets/Dogs anywhere along the course are prohibited – this applies to competitors, volunteers, support crew and spectators.
· Support crews must follow the instructions of race officials.
· The event organisers are not responsible for the safety or whereabouts of support crew.
· For safety reasons wheelchairs are unable to compete in this event.