10km Newsport Daily
Starting on the stunning and compact sands of Four Mile Beach, the Newsport Daily 10km event runs the length of the beach approximately 4.5km ...
... the course then cuts in land and meanders back up Barrier Street, through the shaded parks of the beach foreshore and along the bougainvillia and palm tree lined front of the Sheraton Mirage Resort. The final kilometre sees runners turn right just prior to Mantra Port Sea, into the Garrick Street cul-de-sac, right into Tide Street, along Sands and finishing with a glory lap along the Port Douglas Esplanade.
AT A GLANCE
|Date||22 OCTOBER 2017|
recommended arrival time: 5:15am on the Port Douglas Esplanade in Port Douglas.
|Cut Off Time||2 hrs|
|Course||Will start and finish in Port Douglas. Course Map >>|
|Age Restrictions||Must be 10 years and over to compete|
|Age Categories||Male: 12-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 69+|
Female: 12-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 69+
|Training Diaries||Training Diary >>|
1st Male / 1st Female
|Race Entry Fee|
$59 EARLY BIRD
|Registration||Online Registration closes 12 midnight October 15, 2017. In person registrations can be made between 9am and 5pm on Saturday 21 October at the Port Douglas Esplanade Registration Tent|
|Registration Kit Collection||Start / Finish line. Pick up your registration kit at the registration tent set up on the Port Douglas Esplanade from 9pm - 5pm on the day before the event, 21st October, 2017.|
|Festival Functions||After Party @ Central Hotel from 4pm|
Race Rules & Briefing
Race Kit Pick Up - Saturday 5th November on the Port Douglas Esplanade from 9 - 5pm. Cairns runners can get theirs on Wednesday prior at The FunShip Playground on Cairns Esplanade from 4 - 7pm. If you register after Monday 26th October 12:30pm you will need to collect your kit in Port Douglas on the 31st
START TIME: 7am with race briefing 6:35am sharp. Bags can be left in the baggage area next to Registration Tent. GBRM takes no responsibility for valuables so please leave at your own risk.
CUT OFF TIME: 9am - You have 2 hours to complete the race, failure to do so will result in you being extracted from the course. If you have been pulled out of the race there is NO OPTION to continue on your own time. NO EXCEPTIONS. There will be a sweep bike with the last runner and will remain with until they finish.
· You must complete the marked course on foot under your own power. Trekking poles are permitted.
· Your race bib must be visible at all times on the front of your body.
· You must stay on the marked course. Short cuts are not permitted. If you think you have gone the wrong way, go back.
· During the course there are times in which you will be running across roads & driveways so please be diligent at all times and follow directions of the traffic marshals / controllers. Should they ask you to stop you MUST STOP. This is for your safety. Should you disobey a direct order from a marshal your bib # will be taken and you will be disqualified.
· You have 2 Hours to complete this event.
· All volunteers have the authority of PDEM to withdraw a runner if they show signs of distress and are deemed to be a liability to themselves and others. Should you see another runner in need of assistance, you are required to stop and give attention until a volunteer or St. Johns member arrives and dismisses you.
· Any head phones worn can only be on low and in one ear only – this is for your safety
· Drop zones apply for each water station – bins are located at start & finish of water station to dispose of rubbish. Failure to dispose appropriately may result in DQ.
· If you withdraw from the event, you must report to the closest checkpoint or finish line and hand in your race bib.
· Not all roads are closed for this event. Obey all road rules and give way to vehicles
· Pets/Dogs anywhere along the course are prohibited – this applies to competitors, volunteers, support crew and spectators.
· Support crews must follow the instructions of race officials.
· The event organisers are not responsible for the safety or whereabouts of support crew.
· For safety reasons wheelchairs are unable to compete in this event.